Got M-65?

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Got M-65?

Post by Hovannes » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:04 pm

Also known as the GI Field Jacket----a nifty piece of kit and one of the best jackets for working outdoors that I know of. I still have mine in Woodland Camo (I wish I had an OD so not to resemble Sy from Duck Dynasty!) and cannot imagine being without one.
Do you have one?
Extra points if it was issued to you
Double points if it is a hand me down from your dad, uncle or older brother 8)
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

mont974x4
Wild Thing
Wild Thing

Re: Got M-65?

Post by mont974x4 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:45 pm

Mine was issued. I think one of my sons has it now. I should still have my goretex shell too.

Hello FredS
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

Sir Moose
CPS Curry Chef
CPS Curry Chef

Post by Sir Moose » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:47 pm

I wish I still had mine. I have no idea what happened to it. I wish I still had my Gore-tex jacket also, but that was issued by CIF and had to be turned back in. To be fair though, neither one would likely fit me today.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry

Post by Stanley76 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:23 am

I haven't had one since the early 1970's. It was the standard uniform of hippies back then along with bell bottom jeans and desert boots.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

“Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”