The Birkenstock thread

Where Fellowship and Camaraderie lives: that place where the CPS membership values fun and good fellowship as the cement of the community

Birkenstocks

Y
11%
N
44%
M/U
No votes
A_Morley in a tie dyed dead shirt smelling of patchouli
44%
Stocks and Socks!
No votes

Total votes: 9

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

The Birkenstock thread

Post by Jocose » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:04 pm

Welcome and thanks for stopping by The Birkenstock thread.

Seeing a snapshot of coco's playlist reminded me of Deadheads and Birkenstocks.

I love Birkis, I wear them, sometimes with socks.

Yes, they take a bit to "break in" just like work boots or the leather pants Jim Van Halen wears on tuesday nights but dammit, they are just so dang comfortable and why wouldn't they be? They conform to your feet perfectly.

If Jesus were back on Earth today he would ask where the nearest German made sandals are available.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Re: The Birkenstock thread

Post by Cleon » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:22 pm

I smell patchouli and B.O.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

JudgeRusty
Minister of Shrewd Judgements
Minister of Shrewd Judgements

Post by JudgeRusty » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:05 pm

Jocose wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:04 pm

I love Birkis, I wear them, sometimes with socks and cargo shorts.

Yes, they take a bit to "break in" just like work boots or the leather pants Jim Van Halen wears on tuesday nights but dammit, they are just so dang comfortable and why wouldn't they be? They conform to your feet perfectly.

If Jesus were back on Earth today he would ask where the nearest German made sandals are available.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:22 pm

“The Loop” wrote:For two years in a row, Birkenstocks-inspired sandals have walked the runways in spring fashion shows, and now retailers like J.Crew and luxury online shopping destination Net-A-Porter.com are selling the classic hippie staples. Even the pint-sized fashion moguls Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have recently been spotted wearing their Birks with socks!
I was was leaning this way already, but after doing a little research, no.

Three strikes against them:

1) “Spring fashion shows” for crying out loud!

2) Mary-Kate and Ashley are wearing them.
3) I mean, just look ...

Three strikes and they’re out.
At least for me.

Maybe I’m just too old for them.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:53 pm

Closed toed sandals are much preferred
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:14 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:53 pm
Closed toed sandals are much preferred

The Boston has you covered in comfort and style.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:17 pm

JudgeRusty wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:05 pm
Jocose wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:04 pm

I love Birkis, I wear them, sometimes with socks and cargo shorts.

I see what you did there.
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:22 pm
“The Loop” wrote:For two years in a row, Birkenstocks-inspired sandals have walked the runways in spring fashion shows, and now retailers like J.Crew and luxury online shopping destination Net-A-Porter.com are selling the classic hippie staples. Even the pint-sized fashion moguls Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have recently been spotted wearing their Birks with socks!
I was was leaning this way already, but after doing a little research, no.

Three strikes against them:

1) “Spring fashion shows” for crying out loud!

2) Mary-Kate and Ashley are wearing them.
3) I mean, just look ...

Three strikes and they’re out.
At least for me.

Maybe I’m just too old for them.
:lol:

TNLawPiper
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by TNLawPiper » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:56 pm

No one should see a grown man’s toenails outside of the doctor’s office, the beach, or the privacy of his own home. It’s not that hot.

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:01 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:56 pm
No one should see a grown man’s toenails outside of the doctor’s office, the beach, or the privacy of his own home. It’s not that hot.
Why you no like Birks?

Del
Hot Legs
Hot Legs

Post by Del » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:04 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
TRVTH

"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

TNLawPiper
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by TNLawPiper » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:05 pm

Jocose wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:01 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
Why you no like Birks?
I don’t mind the clogs.

FredS
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Patriarch of All Shirkdom

Post by FredS » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:48 am

Sandals are the only shoes I wear most days. My sandal tan easily lasts through the winter. I prefer Keen and Teva over Birkenstock's but Mrs FredS wears the s*** out of Birki's. She buys them online from Germany for half what the hippy-outdoor stores here sell them for. The suede clog/mules are called "potato shoes" in our family because one of our kids friends said they looked like potatoes.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:57 am

TNLawPiper wrote:
Amen
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry

Post by Stanley76 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:10 am

Never have been a sandal fan. I manage to injure my toes constantly even wearing shoes. I have no idea how I crushed my right index toenail. If it wasn't for that I think my toes are in pretty good shape except for the thick yellow untrimmed jagged toenails.

Why isn't there a croc thread here? I do wear crocs on rare occasions.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

“Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:45 am

Stanley76 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:10 am
Never have been a sandal fan. I manage to injure my toes constantly even wearing shoes. I have no idea how I crushed my right index toenail. If it wasn't for that I think my toes are in pretty good shape except for the thick yellow untrimmed jagged toenails.

This is becoming the show-us-your-toes thread. But I ain't gonna, I agree with TNLP. And the last and only time I shared a pic of my legs, (I forget why), Rusty lambasted me for lack of leg hair.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

Stanley76

Post by Stanley76 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:57 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:45 am
Stanley76 wrote:

This is becoming the show-us-your-toes thread. But I ain't gonna, I agree with TNLP. And the last and only time I shared a pic of my legs, (I forget why), Rusty lambasted me for lack of leg hair.
My feet used to be fairly hairy but now they are smooth as a baby's butt. Legs still have some hair. It happens to a lot of us as we age out. Another one of the mysteries of the Lord's Plan that I don't understand.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

“Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”

TNLawPiper
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by TNLawPiper » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:19 am

Stanley76 wrote:

<obscene image removed>

You sick man!

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:49 am

TNLawPiper wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:19 am
Stanley76 wrote:

<obscene image removed>

You sick man!
+1

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:58 am

Just for the record ...

Those weren’t my toes in my post.
Although I do own ten toes, I do not own a pair of Birkies.

(Autocorrect keeps wanting to change Birkies to birdies. I don’t own any birdies, either.)
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:01 am

durangopipe wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:58 am
Just for the record ...

Those weren’t my toes in my post.
Although I do own ten toes, I do not own a pair of Birkies.

(Autocorrect keeps wanting to change Birkies to birdies. I don’t own any birdies, either.)
+1

Do you recall the toe thread? It may have been before your time, be thankful if it was.