Lakeland

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
arank87
Usher
Usher

Lakeland

Post by arank87 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:26 pm

What is the most Lakelandy blend out there? Also what are some good working class British blends (not necessarily “English” blends with Latakia.) I’ve heard that St Bruno and Erinmore might be in the same vein but haven’t tried them yet. They are both on my list for the next order I place.
"On second thought, you may not be my body guard nor may you call me Al." PS

hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist

Re: Lakeland

Post by hugodrax » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:45 pm

Do try St. Bruno. The ready rubbed is a bit more flavored than the flake, but whatever is most easily available to you will suit. That's a great middle class British smoke.

Erinmore Flake has been Wosbalded. The old one was a force to be reckoned with, sweet and strong at the same time. The new one is modernized and more than a little passive aggressive. No bite. Lacks courage in its convictions. Keep an eye out for the old rectangular tin.

Otherwise, go through the Gawith lines. There is no best. Just tastiest for you. I'm a fan of several, and if you PM your address, I'll help.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:50 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:45 pm
Do try St. Bruno. The ready rubbed is a bit more flavored than the flake, but whatever is most easily available to you will suit. That's a great middle class British smoke.

Erinmore Flake has been Wosbalded. The old one was a force to be reckoned with, sweet and strong at the same time. The new one is modernized and more than a little passive aggressive. No bite. Lacks courage in its convictions. Keep an eye out for the old rectangular tin.

Otherwise, go through the Gawith lines. There is no best. Just tastiest for you. I'm a fan of several, and if you PM your address, I'll help.
8O
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

arank87
Usher
Usher

Post by arank87 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:19 am

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:45 pm

PM sent . Wosbalded? Image

Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Post by Cleon » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:07 am

When I think Lakeland I think Ennerdale Flake. You get some strength, lots of Lakelandy scent, a good cut of flake, excellent quality leaf, and an easy pack and burn.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:32 am

Cleon wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:07 am
When I think Lakeland I think Ennerdale Flake. You get some strength, lots of Lakelandy scent, a good cut of flake, excellent quality leaf, and an easy pack and burn.
This is the quintessential Lakeland.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Del
Mr. Hot Legs
Mr. Hot Legs

Post by Del » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:10 am

Jocose wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:32 am
Cleon wrote:
This is the quintessential Lakeland.
The Great Rusty once told me that Ennerdale screams Lake District.

I just finished a packet of Ennerdale that I purchased several years ago. It had lost much of his fragrance, and behaved like a normal virginia flake.

If you don't enjoy it at full strength, you can leave it open for a few days to serve as a room air freshener.
REMEMBER THE KAVANAUGH!

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:23 am

The only one I ever liked was Bob's Chocolate flake.
Farts are either proof that God is a man or a sign of a fallen world.

DepartedLight
Archfairy of Carolinia
Archfairy of Carolinia

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:39 pm

Cleon wrote:
Yep. And the Play-dough tin scent is quite unique.

It will ghost your pipe.

Bob's Chocolate Flake is mighty yummy too.
DL Jake

how is your scrotum? - Roadmaster

Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Post by Cleon » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:27 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:39 pm
Cleon wrote:
Yep. And the Play-dough tin scent is quite unique.

It will ghost your pipe.

Bob's Chocolate Flake is mighty yummy too.
aran87 -

Don't be put off by the Play-Doh reference. It's quite satisfying. Strange, but satisfying. Really.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

huddsbaggie
rootle round the ear 'ole
rootle round the ear 'ole

Post by huddsbaggie » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:47 am

Interesting fact.

I met the director of Gawith Hoggarth on 3rd Sept at an excise industry meeting (including baccy track and trace nonsense). I said you Yanks are massive groupies, which he knew, of course and offered me a chance to visit. He told me they'd bought Sam Gawith, which I didn't know. Worship me, oh you might.
"All I know most surely about morality and obligations, I owe to football"
Albert Camus (1913-1960)

Del
Mr. Hot Legs
Mr. Hot Legs

Post by Del » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:01 am

huddsbaggie wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:47 am
Interesting fact.

I met the director of Gawith Hoggarth on 3rd Sept at an excise industry meeting (including baccy track and trace nonsense). I said you Yanks are massive groupies, which he knew, of course and offered me a chance to visit. He told me they'd bought Sam Gawith, which I didn't know. Worship me, oh you might.
A pilgrimage to the Lake District is on my bucket list.
REMEMBER THE KAVANAUGH!

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

FredS
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Patriarch of All Shirkdom

Post by FredS » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:14 am

Cleon wrote:
^This^

Bob's Chocolate Flake is also tasty and worth a try.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

arank87
Usher
Usher

Post by arank87 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:30 am

huddsbaggie wrote:
Interesting fact.

That is a cool story. I’m December I’ll be buying a Peterson system and a ton of Lakeland stuff. I’m going to stink up the basement bad to get my wife in the Christmas spirit.

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:04 pm

arank87 wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:30 am
huddsbaggie wrote:
Interesting fact.

That is a cool story. I’m December I’ll be buying a Peterson system and a ton of Lakeland stuff. I’m going to stink up the basement bad to get my wife in the Christmas spirit.
:D
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk