Bottom End Like a 64-foot Organ Pipe

Open forum for all subject for smokers in general
philofumo
BROTHERSMOKE, Bizarrely Packaged Wealth of Information

Bottom End Like a 64-foot Organ Pipe

Post by philofumo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:09 pm

This thread is an attempt to draw out WSerad to make a post.

:wavey:
William Serad wrote:

Black, black slices of fudgey asphalt-like cake, Stonehaven is a blend of air-cured leaf and Burley with dark Virginias. It is pressed in the classic flake fashion and aged, making it extraordinarily smooth. This is a marvelous achievement, bringing a technique usually reserved for all-Virginia flakes to the Burley world. There are a few Burley flakes around, such as Edgeworth slices and one from House of Windsor, but this takes things to a new place. This is generally dark in flavor, with a bottom end like a 64-foot organ pipe. The slices are shag-thin, and rub out into long, black strands. Lighting was easy, as was keeping it lit. It is startlingly cool, and the flavor is of the darkest richness.There is not much on the market like this. Not for the weak-kneed, I would heartily recommend this to the Burley boys, and to the flake folk who want to know how good Burley can be.

Pipes & Tobaccos magazine
Winter 2004

hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology

Re: Bottom End Like a 64-foot Organ Pipe

Post by hugodrax » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:14 pm

Well, if he's as smart as I think he is, we'll never see that guy again. :D
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

philofumo

Post by philofumo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:16 pm

:lol:

There's always a chance!

May the fairies dance!

:dance:

AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof

Post by AFRS » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:48 pm

Fainin should be in this thread. That 64' pipe sounds like a monster fart.

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:22 pm

Reminds me of the old joke ...

Q: Why did Bach have so many children?
A: His organ didn’t have any stops.

:pipe3:
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

AnungUnRama
Pastor
Pastor

Post by AnungUnRama » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:00 pm

durangopipe wrote:Reminds me of the old joke ...

Q: Why did Bach have so many children?
A: His organ didn’t have any stops.

:pipe3:
As a long time fan and performer of Bach's music, I heartily approve of this post.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WSerad
Congregation
Congregation

Post by WSerad » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:01 am

hugodrax wrote:Well, if he's as smart as I think he is, we'll never see that guy again. :D
Perhaps I’m not so smart. I have been busy with life. And then there were the ungracious exchanges in theological discussions...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word "darkness" on the walls of his cell. - C. S. Lewis

hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology

Post by hugodrax » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:36 am

WSerad wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:01 am
hugodrax wrote:Well, if he's as smart as I think he is, we'll never see that guy again. :D
Perhaps I’m not so smart. I have been busy with life. And then there were the ungracious exchanges in theological discussions...

You seem like fun. Are you fun?
Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth
—Marcus Aurelius

WSerad
Congregation
Congregation

Post by WSerad » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:58 am

hugodrax wrote:
WSerad wrote:

I can be for short dashes. For long distances, I just revert to cranky old man status.

A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word "darkness" on the walls of his cell. - C. S. Lewis

hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology

Post by hugodrax » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:37 am

WSerad wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:58 am
hugodrax wrote:
WSerad wrote:

I can be for short dashes. For long distances, I just revert to cranky old man status.

Suspenders and a belt plus a pipe zippo?
—Marcus Aurelius

FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik

Post by FredS » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:47 am

As the world learned last weekend, Shakira has a bottom end like a 64-foot organ pipe.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

hugodrax
Doctor of Falconology
Doctor of Falconology

Post by hugodrax » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:16 am

FredS wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:47 am
As the world learned last weekend, Shakira has a bottom end like a 64-foot organ pipe.
Does she have a pipe zippo? Can she tell me the price of Balkan Sobranie at the PX in '69?
—Marcus Aurelius

durangopipe
The Goat Fairy
The Goat Fairy

Post by durangopipe » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:48 am

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:37 am
WSerad wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
WSerad wrote:

A) I have several pipe Zippos, swear by them, but no suspenders (unless you count the straps on chest waders).

B) Where in New Jersey, Mr. Serad? Curious. I grew up there.

C) I walked into chapel every weekday in college to the soul-stirring sound of great music and hymns played on a massive pipe organ - haven’t been in the presence of a pipe organ since, and I rather miss it.

D) Once earned, cranky old man status should be worn as a badge of honor. A pipe helps imagewise.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

AnungUnRama
Pastor
Pastor

Post by AnungUnRama » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:34 pm

My dad and I performed Bach's Aire on a G String once. He played the pipe organ. I played my electric guitar with Ebow. It was awesome.

Del
The Royal Order of the Holy Mackarel

Post by Del » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:14 pm

WSerad wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
WSerad wrote:

Are you any good at filing income tax returns? You've got what it takes....
"If somebody serves you something to eat, and it don't taste good? -- Then it ain't Cajun!" -- Paul Prudhomme

WSerad
Congregation
Congregation

Post by WSerad » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:21 pm

durangopipe wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:37 am
WSerad wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
WSerad wrote:

A) I have several pipe Zippos, swear by them, but no suspenders (unless you count the straps on chest waders).

B) Where in New Jersey, Mr. Serad? Curious. I grew up there.

C) I walked into chapel every weekday in college to the soul-stirring sound of great music and hymns played on a massive pipe organ - haven’t been in the presence of a pipe organ since, and I rather miss it.

D) Once earned, cranky old man status should be worn as a badge of honor. A pipe helps imagewise.
A. Belt only. I have my dignity.
B. Turnersville, Washington Township, Gloucester County, 20 minutes south of Philadelphia where I grew up.
C. Between Philadelphia and Atlantic City, we have some of the largest organs in the world. I was singing Mahler Symphony #2 “Resurrection” with the Philadelphia Orchestra, and when the organ kicked in during the last movement, I thought the choir balcony was going to fall down. Thrilling.
D. I was born old, according to my mother, and studied crankiness with some of the greats. I still believe crankiness to be a spiritual gift neglected in the Scriptural
lists. Some monk failed to copy it.

WSerad
Congregation
Congregation

Post by WSerad » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:22 pm

Del wrote:
WSerad wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
WSerad wrote:

No. But what does it take?

WSerad
Congregation
Congregation

Post by WSerad » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:24 pm

AnungUnRama wrote:My dad and I performed Bach's Aire on a G String once. He played the pipe organ. I played my electric guitar with Ebow. It was awesome.

Wonderful! Always a blessing to play with family.

Del

Post by Del » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:43 pm

WSerad wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:22 pm
Del wrote:
WSerad wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
WSerad wrote:
No. But what does it take?
Before I help anyone with their taxes, I crank up my cranky old man status. It puts everybone in the proper mood, you see.
"If somebody serves you something to eat, and it don't taste good? -- Then it ain't Cajun!" -- Paul Prudhomme

FredS
King Fredrik
King Fredrik

Post by FredS » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:26 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:16 am
FredS wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:47 am
Does she have a pipe zippo? Can she tell me the price of Balkan Sobranie at the PX in '69?
I'll store this away, but I'm pretty sure those questions will be a million miles from crossing my mind shall I ever meet her.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe