Fribourg and Treyer

Questions, Reviews, Storage, Etc.
arank87
Elder
Elder

Fribourg and Treyer

Post by arank87 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:14 pm

I’m really enjoying Blackjack. Nice, natural Virginia flavor. Anyone else have a F&T blend they really like? Anyone have any history to share?
“A true Lutheran relies on God’s Word and would not worry about it even if the whole world mocked and despised him for it. He does not consider the world an authority in religious matters. He rests his faith on higher authority.” C.F.W. Walther

Steverino
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe
Gentleman of the Briar and Tiny Tim Wannabe

Re: Fribourg and Treyer

Post by Steverino » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:25 pm

I have smoked Cut Virginia Plug, Special Brown Flake and Vintage Flake. They were all good but Vintage was excellent. One of the sweetest tobaccos I've smoked. I may buy some more eventually; other blends have had priority. Which, by the way, are not sweet blends.
Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. Isaiah 55:6,7 ESV

sweetandsour
Minister of Shotgun Breaking
Minister of Shotgun Breaking

Re: Fribourg and Treyer

Post by sweetandsour » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:13 am

Blackjack has grown on me; it's a good smoke, for my tastes, its much better in small bowls, smoked slowly. Like Steverino said, it's not in my current rotation. But his comments on the Vintage Flake are interesting.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)