A Sharpening stone

Post about everything from carrying a handkerchief to manly skills (sharpening a pocket knife, etc.) to product reviews of items that may have slipped under our radar (e.g. - Grandpa's Pine Tar soap). No threads on anything "new" unless it harkens to old-fashioned sensibilities and ideals.
Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

A Sharpening stone

Post by Hovannes » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:01 pm

I have several, but one I don't have---a circular hockey puck-ish type for axes and hatchets---has been impossible for me to find except on this very afternoon when we stopped at a hardware store in Placerville, CA while driving home from Lake Tahoe. I am delighted in a way which I suspect only you guys could truly appreciate, so I thought I share my news :D Image
DEUS VULT!

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Re: A Sharpening stone

Post by coco » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:11 pm

I prefer Japanese water stones for most stuff, though circular stones are traditional for axes. I am glad for you.
"I call [coco] 'barely passable heretic.'" - HugoDrax

There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Re: A Sharpening stone

Post by JimVH » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:26 pm

Nice find.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

“It's okay to not be able to fix everyone's problems. Sometimes chocolate donuts are all you can do. And that's enough.“ JB’s buddy