Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 34728
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by UncleBob » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:56 pm

Im moving this week to a new house. Why yes, Mrs UB and the kids have lived here for 9 years. why yes, that is a bunch of crap.

In a completely unrelated topic, mead party this week! Oops the mead is at the other house. While you are here...

Not that you care.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
ryland
More of this
More of this
Posts: 3373
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:00 pm

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by ryland » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:36 pm

I just had some of the best steak I've ever had.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 9297
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:46 pm

My dog was diagnosed with viral kennel cough this week. My truck window shattered yesterday. Today we got our Polaris ranger stuck in the marsh, and it's still there. We'll try to get it out with some extra help in the morning, in time to get cleaned up, dressed, and make it to church service.

Not that anyone here cares.
Last edited by sweetandsour on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
ryland
More of this
More of this
Posts: 3373
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:00 pm

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by ryland » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:00 pm

I want to smoke tonight but I need to let the house air out for a couple of days.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5743
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by durangopipe » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:41 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:46 pm
My dog was diagnosed with viral kennel cough this week. My truck window shattered yesterday. Today we got our Polaris ranger stuck in the marsh, and it's still there. We'll try to get it out with some extra help in the morning, in time to get cleaned up, dressed, and make it to church service.

Not that anyone here cares.
Man, what a week.
I care. Hope you got the Polaris out.
Hope your pup’s okay.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 14478
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Cleon » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:42 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:56 pm
Im moving this week to a new house. Why yes, Mrs UB and the kids have lived here for 9 years. why yes, that is a bunch of crap.

In a completely unrelated topic, mead party this week! Oops the mead is at the other house. While you are here...

Not that you care.
Now is the time to declutter. Dumpster rental is fairly cheap when all is considered. Keep the pipes though.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

User avatar
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Posts: 21652
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: North Texas & Southern California at the beach

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Thunktank » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:57 pm

In the last three weeks I’ve driven from Newport Beach, California to Frisco, Texas to Berks County, Pennsylvania to Bradford County, PA to Tioga county PA and back to Texas again. I’m tired of driving.

One day while traveling I mistakenly took an overdose of sleep aid pills thinking they were merely pain relievers. That delayed travel time a few hours. :zzz:
Image
[/quote]

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 34728
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by UncleBob » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:46 pm

Cleon wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:42 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:56 pm
Im moving this week to a new house. Why yes, Mrs UB and the kids have lived here for 9 years. why yes, that is a bunch of crap.

In a completely unrelated topic, mead party this week! Oops the mead is at the other house. While you are here...

Not that you care.
Now is the time to declutter. Dumpster rental is fairly cheap when all is considered. Keep the pipes though.
I am so sore. Not that you care.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now
Posts: 8240
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by mont974x4 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:00 pm

I start my job at the lumber mill tomorrow. Just part time but I’m stoked.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23553
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:00 pm

mont974x4 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:00 pm
I start my job at the lumber mill tomorrow. Just part time but I’m stoked.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congratulations! :joy:
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23553
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:02 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:57 pm
In the last three weeks I’ve driven from Newport Beach, California to Frisco, Texas to Berks County, Pennsylvania to Bradford County, PA to Tioga county PA and back to Texas again. I’m tired of driving.

One day while traveling I mistakenly took an overdose of sleep aid pills thinking they were merely pain relievers. That delayed travel time a few hours. :zzz:
I'll bet you saw a lot of beautiful country!
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Posts: 21652
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: North Texas & Southern California at the beach

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Thunktank » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:10 pm

Hovannes wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:02 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:57 pm
In the last three weeks I’ve driven from Newport Beach, California to Frisco, Texas to Berks County, Pennsylvania to Bradford County, PA to Tioga county PA and back to Texas again. I’m tired of driving.

One day while traveling I mistakenly took an overdose of sleep aid pills thinking they were merely pain relievers. That delayed travel time a few hours. :zzz:
I'll bet you saw a lot of beautiful country!
I did. This country really is a beautiful place. Every part has its own appeal. Just wish I had more time to stop and explore more places. Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley and western mountains stood out to me as a place I really want to explore in more detail someday. Next time I drive home to see my folks maybe.
Image
[/quote]

User avatar
Jester
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1332
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Jester » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:37 am

My boss just walked into my cube and gave me WWII issued aviators.
Here is what they look like. Image
The pair he gave me are in a bit better condition than this. Also the leather pouch on the one I have is barely worn.
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

User avatar
tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod
Posts: 12897
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by tuttle » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:43 am

Jester wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:37 am
My boss just walked into my cube and gave me WWII issued aviators.
Here is what they look like. Image
The pair he gave me are in a bit better condition than this. Also the leather pouch on the one I have is barely worn.
Awesome!
"Do mo betta." -FredS

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 7502
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:55 am

UncleBob wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:46 pm
Cleon wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:42 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:56 pm
Im moving this week to a new house. Why yes, Mrs UB and the kids have lived here for 9 years. why yes, that is a bunch of crap.

In a completely unrelated topic, mead party this week! Oops the mead is at the other house. While you are here...

Not that you care.
Now is the time to declutter. Dumpster rental is fairly cheap when all is considered. Keep the pipes though.
I am so sore. Not that you care.
Did you ship all the Coleman things to me for safe keeping? I have not see a box yet?
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Jocosoe
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 215
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Jocosoe » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:58 pm

I can't relate™.
..prepare to be ostracized-TNLP


"I say, Wos: are ypou available for cabaret or kids' parties?" - huddsbaggie

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23553
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:41 am

Hot Sauce Sadness :cry:

Hot Sauce is a necessity at the Hov house. After a near lifetime study of hot sauces, I've come to appreciate most hot sauces and the companions they work their best magic on. Tabasco, Sriracha, Cholula, California Pepper Sauce and perhaps a half dozen other rocket fuels hold honored places in my pantry, but one, like the universal blood type, shines above all the others as a hot sauce multi-tasker and is the hot sauce that gets called on the most for beef tacos.
And that hot sauce is: Pico Pica.

Now it's gone! The local grocery chains have quite carrying my beloved Pico Pica.

I do have an understudy for the noble Pico Pica, which is LaVitoria, which is OK if you can find the extra hot but even LaVitoria has dropped from sight around here. The local Super Walmart does have LaVitoria, but not the extra hot version.

I need to embark on a hot sauce adventure, reconnoitering independent local markets, or maybe even Vallarta, stalking the elusive PIco Pica but today I am stuck at home with no car.

Sorry, but I just needed to vent.
Carry on!
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak
Posts: 23553
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: In the fertile San Joaquin Valley

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Hovannes » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:43 am

Jester wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:37 am
My boss just walked into my cube and gave me WWII issued aviators.
Here is what they look like. Image
The pair he gave me are in a bit better condition than this. Also the leather pouch on the one I have is barely worn.
Any chance of getting the P-51 that went with those sun glasses?
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

User avatar
ryland
More of this
More of this
Posts: 3373
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:00 pm

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by ryland » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:29 pm

It's my birthday today. I haven't had to work today and I'm on my third bowl of tobacco while watching Sneaky Pete.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 7502
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Absolutely Useless Facts About Yourself, No One Cares About

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:35 pm

ryland wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:29 pm
It's my birthday today. I haven't had to work today and I'm on my third bowl of tobacco while watching Sneaky Pete.
I care a little...Happy Birthday!
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Post Reply